Cross Week of 11-2

    We have arrived at the final week of the season, and we send both the boys and girls team to the finals on Friday. I’m going to try to outline this week here, but please know there may be changes to our plans, as has been the case all season. So here goes as of today:
    Because of an uptick in COVID cases, we are practicing with only 8 kids per team this week. We are asking the top 8 times from yesterday to continue to meet at our normal place and time. The rest need to train on their own with the same running plan. The entire week has already been posted at  If for some reason kids can’t find it, they should contact me and I will help them. If we need to call anyone up due to injury or sickness, we will contact the kids in order of place from yesterday. At this time, I don’t know how many alternates will be allowed to attend the final. MHSAA is scheduled to give us more information Monday. I’m thinking they will not allow more than 1 alternate, so please plan on that and I will contact the team if more are allowed.  Tickets to the final can be purchased at the MHSAA web site. Please check this site often as there may be changes made too. 
    Because MHSAA doesn’t want the girls and boys teams to be at MIS at the same time, here is our tentative plan for Friday:
The boys team and coaching staff will depart from school at 9:30 AM by bus. 
The girls team will depart school at 11:00 AM and will ride with parents. ( Tammy LaRue is organizing this.) 
Boys will arrive about noon.
Boys race at 2:00 PM
Girls arrive about 1:30.
Boys must exit by 3:30 and wait on or around the bus until the coaches and girls team arrive.
Girls race at 3:30.
Girls team and coaches must exit by 5:00 and can ride the bus home together. 
Senior parents are organizing a meal somewhere after the races. 
    Please remember, everything spelled out above could change as the MHSAA and state government assess our COVID numbers. Please join me in being extra careful that we follow all protocols and get to race Friday. 
    Please look for another email next week regarding uniform turn in and whether we think we can pull off a team banquet. ( school is recommending no banquet, but we are discussing an outdoor banquet – In November?? Maybe ) 
    Please continue to pray for the team and coaches daily – we really appreciate it, Doug