The 2021 season is officially underway! We are looking forward to a much more “normal” season this year. As of now, the only protocols we have is to wear a mask while on the bus to or from meets. I’ll keep you informed on any others that may happen during the season.
Here is items you need to know now:
1) We have 2 more morning practices at 8:00, this Monday and Tuesday. Then, when school begins, on Wednesday, our practices will meet right after school. Plan on practices beginning by 3:05 and ending at 5:15. We will begin each practice with devotions in the all city gym lobby. Remember, all missed practices need to be clearly communicated to a coach. We expect the team members can handle this communication, and not the parents, unless there is a sickness.
2) Our annual alumni meet is this Saturday at our home course, “The Gainey”. We will run the course that just makes 4 loops, so I don’t need a lot of set up. Kids need to find their own transportation to the meet and back. They should arrive by 7:30AM. The race will begin promptly at 8:30. We will also have a brief parents meeting right after the end of the race. Plan on that being near the concession stand. If you’ve ever wanted to race your son or daughter, now is your chance. Any and all Eagle fans can join in this race. So dig your old spikes out of the attic, and lace em up. No registration needed, just come to the line ready to rumble. The alumni race will help us determine our varsity runners for the Benzie Meet the following Saturday.
3) As just mentioned, the Benzie Invite is Saturday, August 28. The first 24 runners from each team will be able to attend Benzie. ( We only have one motor coach for this meet.) More details on Benzie next week.
4) We are the host of two large invites this season. The first is the Cougar/Falcon at the Eagle’s Nest on September 25 and the second one is the County Meet on October 16. For both meets we need volunteer helpers. We need course marshals, finish chute workers, water fillers, and people to hand out packets to coaches. Please get back to me if you can help at either or both meets.In addition, we are seeking meet sponsors. To sponsor one meet, the cost is $350. For both meets the cost is $500. You or your company will get “shout outs” at the meet and also have your name or logo on the meet shirts. Please consider this as our team keeps 100% of the money raised for our team account. We’ve been able to purchase lots of nice things through this money, like the 2 eliptigos and the zero runner ( both are used for cross training.) If you’d like to sponsor, or donate in any way, please get with me ASAP. We will need a company logo if your business would like to sponsor. Thanks!!
5) In many past seasons, Gazelle has offered a team night where families can save 20% for their high school runners. While there is no specific night this year, we can still save the 20%. Attached is a brochure with details.
That’s it for this email. Will you please partner with our team by praying for us this season? Thanks so much, Doug