It was a great day at MIS yesterday, despite the rainy and wet second half of the day. It was good to see so many of the team at the race and especially great to have the girls team collect a trophy.
Here are some details to remember as we close out our season:
1) ALL uniforms and sweats MUST be turned in either Monday or Wednesday this week. I will be in our normal meeting spot those two days right after school until 3:10 each day to accept them. They must be washed, all pins removed, and all pockets emptied. Any who don’t get them in will have their names turned into the office and will not be allowed to take exams until they do turn them in. If your child can’t make either day, have a friend turn their equipment in for them.
2) When turning their uniform in, the kids will have opportunity to vote for team MVP and Rookie of the Year.
3) Our banquet is Wednesday, November 15 in the all city gym, It will go from 7:00PM to 9:00PM. Pizza, drinks, and place settings provided. Please bring a dessert or salad to share. There is no need to RSVP.
4) There are still a couple kids who have not paid for their warm up shirts. To remind you they are $10.
5) There are also a couple who have not paid for their foot locker trip. This must be done by Wednesday to be sure of a seat on the coach.
6) Winter training will begin the week of Thanksgiving. Winter training is much more laid back then the season and much shorter too. It really can be a difference maker for the younger runner as they continue to hone their running skill. I’ll talk a little bit about this at the banquet too.
I think that’s it for this update. I’ll end by thanking you so much for your support. We really couldn’t do it without your support and prayers. On behalf of the team and coaching staff, THANKS!!!!
See you soon, Doug