Here is a quick follow up note to our last note because it seems many of you did not receive it for some reason. ( I suspect it went into your spam folder. )
First, a quick update on my health. I do have an infection ( not contagious) that the doctors feared had spread, but it appears it has been contained to the urinary tract and prostate. I’m on antibiotics and they do seem to be helping although I’m still quite tired. Thanks so much for your prayers and understanding.
Here are a couple other things:
– Our pictures, scheduled for Thursday morning have now been cancelled and will happen some day next week. I’m not sure when yet as I’m waiting to hear back from the photographer. I will let you know when I hear.
– We do have our annual alumni race Saturday at the Gainey. Kids should arrive there by 7:45 with the race at 9:00. Remember, anyone may run in this if you are interested. We will have a brief parents meeting at 10:00, or as soon after the race as possible.
– We have a team shoe buying night at Gazelle Wednesday, August 21 6-7:45. All shoes and running apparel will be 20% off for our team. ( Team members only.)
– I’ll get you more information Sunday, but we race at Benzie High School next Saturday, August 24. Our bus will depart from school at 6:15. We will also stop at Post Drive on 131 to pick up those on the north side at 6:40. For those new to the team, we take the kids to the beach at Frankfort after the race. We should get home 8:30ish.
– athletic.net is the site where you can see stats on your child as well as get race time schedules. Be sure to check it out.
I think that’s it for now. I hope to see you Saturday, Doug