Please use this link to sign up for XC tent support.
One quick request as our season begins. As you know, we have a rather nice tent. We need volunteers(s) to put the tent up before meets and take down after. ( We can transport the tent by bus, but if you have the ability to transport the tent that is better.) Please contact me if you can help.
Here’s what is going on this week in cross country:
1) Practice officially begins this Wednesday. We practice from 8-10 each morning until school begins, then we switch to practice after school from 3-5:15. Remember, all kids MUST have a passed physical on file in order to practice.
2) I would like to remind you that we have a new race this year. It is Friday night, August 17 at St. Johns, MI It is a meet under the lights, starting about 9:30 with the boys race. ( The boys run first in 2018.) More details will follow next Sunday.
3) I think each of you have received an email from school, but just to remind you of the All Sports Parent meeting Tuesday night at school. ( We will have our own parent meeting too, after the alumni race.)
4) Speaking of the Alumni race, it will be next Wednesday, August 15 at 6:00 PM at the Gainey. Because it is just 2 days before our first race, it will be only 2 miles this year. Remember, all alumni, friends, parents, relatives, or anyone at all, can join in and run with the team. I hope you can run with us!
That’s it for this week. Thanks for praying for us, Doug
We had a great camp last week! Lots of fun and the weather was nearly perfect. We now turn our attention to the official start of practice. We begin officially on Wednesday, August 8. Our practices will be in the morning from 8:00 to 10:00 until school begins (meet at the stadium entrance). Once school begins, we will meet right after school at 3:00 until 5:15 (meet in the all city gym lobby). Remember, each athlete must have a passed physical on file to practice with the team. Physicals must take place after April 15. If you have not scheduled a physical yet, please do so right away. There are also a couple walk in clinics that perform sports physicals.
I don’t know if you are aware, but we have added a meet on Friday, August 17 in St. John, MI. We don’t have a lot of details yet, but it will take place at night, under the lights. Because of this early meet, we are not sure when the Alumni Race will take place, but will get you details as soon as possible.
That’s all for this note. As always, I ask you to be a partner to our team by praying for the athletes and coaches.
Thanks in advance,
Camp is just over 2 weeks away, but there is still time to join. Brochures are at eaglesrunning.com I hope your son or daughter can join us.
Our annual cross country open house is Friday, June 8 from 5:30-7:00 at my house, 1910 Pokogon SE. Hope to see you there, Doug
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 3:02 PM, Carolyn Groendyk <email@example.com> wrote:
The middle school is having a fun night on Feb 17 from 5:30-8:30 in the All City gym. We are always in need of volunteers to help run the games (shifts are 5:30-7, 7-8:30) and were wondering if any of your teams might be looking for a volunteer opportunity and would be willing to help us out.
This event is attended by most of the middle school kids and many elementary kids, as well a handful of parents. If any of the kids from your teams (Varsity, JV, or Freshman) are able to help, I strongly encourage them to wear something to identify and promote your program. We love to showcase the teamwork of our community and how it plays out in the entire team experience, especially beyond practice and competition. I know many of your programs help with the middle school teams or hold clinics throughout the year, this is another great opportunity to impact the lives of our future high school students and show how we, as a community and family, actively support and appreciate each other.
If they would like to help out they can sign up here, Middle School Mania volunteer sign up , or contact myself or Shelly Ydenberg.
Thanks so much for passing this on.
Just a couple things more as we close out 2017.
First, thank you so much for the great gifts to Deb and me at the banquet Wednesday. We really appreciate it!!
Second, we still have about 8 kids who are yet to turn their uniform/sweats in. I really need them now. I will be at school the next 2 days to get our winter training going. Please have your child turn in any outstanding equipment then. Thanks. ( Winter training will go all winter Monday-Friday.)
Finally, just a reminder on camp dates for 2018. High School camp is July 22-27. ( Middle school is July 16-20. As always, we will need Jr counselors for MS camp.) Brochures can be found at eaglesrunning.com
Thanks again for your support and a great season, Doug
It was a great day at MIS yesterday, despite the rainy and wet second half of the day. It was good to see so many of the team at the race and especially great to have the girls team collect a trophy.
Here are some details to remember as we close out our season:
1) ALL uniforms and sweats MUST be turned in either Monday or Wednesday this week. I will be in our normal meeting spot those two days right after school until 3:10 each day to accept them. They must be washed, all pins removed, and all pockets emptied. Any who don’t get them in will have their names turned into the office and will not be allowed to take exams until they do turn them in. If your child can’t make either day, have a friend turn their equipment in for them.
2) When turning their uniform in, the kids will have opportunity to vote for team MVP and Rookie of the Year.
3) Our banquet is Wednesday, November 15 in the all city gym, It will go from 7:00PM to 9:00PM. Pizza, drinks, and place settings provided. Please bring a dessert or salad to share. There is no need to RSVP.
4) There are still a couple kids who have not paid for their warm up shirts. To remind you they are $10.
5) There are also a couple who have not paid for their foot locker trip. This must be done by Wednesday to be sure of a seat on the coach.
6) Winter training will begin the week of Thanksgiving. Winter training is much more laid back then the season and much shorter too. It really can be a difference maker for the younger runner as they continue to hone their running skill. I’ll talk a little bit about this at the banquet too.
I think that’s it for this update. I’ll end by thanking you so much for your support. We really couldn’t do it without your support and prayers. On behalf of the team and coaching staff, THANKS!!!!
See you soon, Doug
Just a reminder that our JV/Fan bus will depart from the back of school at 9:00AM tomorrow. All JV runners are invited and expected to attend the final meet. We need them there to cheer for their team mates! We will have lots of food, fun, and festivities around the tent before and after the race. Although we are usually able to get the kids into the meet free, there is a new procedure this year, so please send money along just in case. The bus will also be stopping for dinner on the way home, so a little $ for that too. Hope to see a big group at MIS Saturday!